Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Get those Paper Piercers Ready!!!

Hello Scrappers…I just wanted to post another really easy stitching tutorial. As you will learn I love the effect stitching adds to almost every scrap project known to me…LOL! I don’t know about you, but for me, guy pages can be tough. I struggle so often with keeping the page masculine, so I found a trick. STITCHES!!! As you will see in this LO, I have added very few embellishments and paper left over from another project. The last element here that makes this LO look finished, yet still masculine, are the tilted lines of stitching creating a frame for the photo and title. So there you have a finished masculine LO. The stitching causes interest where I love interest…on the photo.



To achieve this look…

1. I assembled my LO using a couple of rectangle shaped papers behind my photo.
2. Using a 12” Ruler I simple eye-balled my angle desired and drew 4 straight lines creating box. I overlapped each line for a casual effect.
3. I then used a paper piercer and poked holes about every ¼ “ to ½ “ apart, on all the lines.
4. I used embroidery floss and stitched through the holes in a simple in and out motion.
5. I added the buttons after stitching was complete by just sewing through the button hole and the pierced area already in place.
6. I cut 2 lengths of rickrack, pasted one on top of the other and adhered to the page under the photo.
7. I then added a journal square and a chipboard photo corner.
8. Last I poked 2 rows of 6 holes about ½ “apart in the corner and stitched 3 X’s for balance.

6 comments:

  1. thanks Delaina! I love your instructions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO, Delaina. I have a hard time with "man" pages too. Stitching never crossed my mind, thank you for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shape you used for the stitching! Thanks for a fresh idea for a "boy" page ;)
    ~Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous lo! I too love the look of stitching on los. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you stitched the x's to add balance! Gorgeous layout! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete