Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Contributor!!

Before I announce the new contributor, we have to say goodbye to Melanie. We have enjoyed her time and posts on here and will miss her! Thanks Melanie for being a contributor!!

I decided to ask a past featured artist to be a regular contributor to the blog!! And I know you will love her posts and ideas. Her pages and fresh and inspiring! I was so excited when I asked her and she said yes! So... it's time to reveal the new contributing artist, Dolores!!


She was the featured artist a couple of weeks ago, so please click here for for information about her! You can also see her first post by going here. Here are some questions I asked her to get to know her better! You can also visit her blog at this address: http://www.thejoyofscrapbooking.blogspot.com/


1. What is your favorite aspect of scrapbooking?

I get a great deal of enjoyment from the friendships I have made scrapbooking. So when I look at the whole scrapbooking process it is really the friendships that I have made along the way that are most important to me as opposed to the physical end product. However, from the creative point of view, my favorite part of scrapbooking is the design process. The time I put into this phase is the most enjoyable.

2. What products/kit clubs are a must have for you?

I love to buy paper, I'd almost call myself a paper junkie but I do have a bit of restraint. Having said that I do watch for the new releases of Basic Grey, BoBunny, K&Company among others. I also use extensively a digital craft cutter. I own both a Silhouette and a Klic-N-Kut Groove-e. I hardly do a layout anymore without cutting out something. I enjoy experimenting with different fonts to create interesting titles.

3. How many pages do you think you completed in 2009? Was it more or less than you wanted?

I probably created about 60 pages in 2009 which is less than what I would have liked to accomplish. Part of my time I spend creating greeting cards. I have found that people really appreciate receiving a hand made card and that makes the work I put into them rewarding.

4. Is there any secret advice on how you complete your pages?

I am sure there are many different approaches to any creative endeavor. With scrapbooking I like to choose my photos and do any modification to them,cropping, resizing, exposure correction, etc. before I look at paper. I then like to choose the colors I will use based on the photo I am working with. For the page design I draw mini sketches taking into account patterned paper and how I might mix them together. When I do my sketch I find myself thinking of some of the design principals I learned while studying watercolor painting such as balance of items on a page, contrast of objects, the harmony of the colors, and so forth. I think these skills have really helped me in scrapbooking.

5. Name 5 of your favorite fonts.

I have so many fonts on my computer its hard to choose just 5, but I guess I'd have to say my favorites are: Scriptina, Amazone, Century Schoolbook Bold, Fontleroy Brown and Victorian. I am sure I have used all of these in page titles several times.

4 comments:

  1. welcome welcome and welcome!!!! :) i love your work, and i'm glad you will be joining us! :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye Melanie! We'll miss you!

    Delores, Welcome. I can't wait to see your future projects! Glad to have you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delores,

    Welcome! Look forward to working with you.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie..."waving" goodbye...we'll miss you!

    Hello, Delores!! Welcome aboard! Love your scrapping style!

    ReplyDelete