Thursday, May 13, 2010

20 Minute Page: From Start to Finish by Sharon!

This is how I created this simple scrapbook page using negative space, machine stitching, and stamping. . . . in under 20 minutes!



I began by finding an old sketch that I hand-drew about 2 years ago.



I used a square punch to crop my photos and patterned paper.




I picked my acrylic stamps, (I used Fancy Pants acrylic stamps and block) and used my Versa Fine sepia ink pad.



I placed my cardstock on my Inque Boutique 13 X 13 inch foam stamping mat to get an even, stamped image every time. I pressed (don’t rock) my stamp firmly on the page. I adhered my photos, patterned paper and embellishments on top of my stamped images. I decorated my stamping with burgundy Stickles and a brown ink pen. Next, I machine stitched around the border of my page.



I used a zigzag stitch to give my page some texture.



(Make sure you do not stitch on any adhesive, or your needle may get jammed!)


To ensure that my stitching did not unravel, I pulled my first and last stitch through the cardstock to the back side of my page, and adhered the stitches with tape.(I used terrifically tacky tape.)



To add some dimension, I inked and misted the negative space. (I used color box creamy brown chalk ink and a little “sand” glimmer mist.) Finally, I chose my quote from one of my favorite children’s books “Love You Forever” by Robert Munsch - - - I still can’t get through reading the book to my daughters without crying! So go ahead . . . get out your stamps, sewing machine, favorite photos, a great book to quote, and start scrapping your next negative space page!


(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SHARON)



3 comments:

  1. Great job Sharon! I hand sketch too so it was awesome to see how your page evolved from the sketch. I also have a good friend who lives in Nazareth (next to the racetrack) so I have been there many many many times over the years. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a fun post Sharon, and your layout is darling! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete