Thursday, September 2, 2010

Utee & Puff Paint

If you are anything like me, you have dabbled in a number of different crafts, using different mediums. I used to do a bit of craft work with puff paints. So, I have lots of different colors of puff paint lying around the house. How excited was I to find a fun way to use these paints and create a fun texture on my chipboard at the same time!

Here is what you will need....
Chipboard, UTEE, puff paint, and a heat gun.

First you will want to paint your chipboard using the puff paint. I find that using the tip of the paint nozzle to spread my paint clogs the nozzle. So, I use a paint brush.
After covering all of the chipboard with the paint, I cover the paint in the UTEE. I just dump a bunch on. Make sure and do this while your paint is still wet. The wet paint is what adheres the UTEE to your project.

Once the paint is dry, I can remove my chipboard from the UTEE, turn it upside down and flick it a few times to remove any excess. I then dump the UTEE back into the jar. You will be left with fuzzy looking chipboard.
A quick blast with the heat gun, being careful not to stay in any one place too long causing the paint underneath to bubble, and you will have shiny, water droplet chipboard.
Wait just a bit for the chipboard to cool and adhere to your project.

Here is another example in a different color.

Have fun experimenting with the supplies in your craft closet.

8 comments:

  1. awesome, I have a ton of those paints!!! hmmm have to keep this in mind! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so flippin cool!!!!!! What is even better I have all those supplies in hand! What a great great idea and they look soooo good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is a great idea, and they look beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the effect! And I've got UTEE on my shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That'a great effect! I've never tried UTEE... time to add another item to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I'm going to have to try this! I love this tutorial Nancy!!!

    ReplyDelete