Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Ribbon and Squares Sketch!

If you are like me when you get outside to take a beautiful fall walk you can't resist taking lots of pictures! My husband and I took a great walk last weekend with our dogs and I as usual I'm the shutterbug. I decided a wanted to put several of the pictures on one layout, at least 5 photos. As a result I decided on a simple grouping of squares divided by ribbons. I wanted the ribbons for color and texture. Here is my layout simply titled "Autumn".


Each small square is 2" x 2" and the rectangles created when I combined two small squares are 2" x 4.25" . I could have easily added more photos to this arrangement but I wanted to incorporate some pretty patterned papers as well. Here is the sketch:

The ribbon is 1/4" wide. If you have paper scraps you have been hanging onto this would be a great way to use them. Enjoy scrapping!




11 comments:

  1. i like this.. it looks really pretty with the ribbons.. and you could use it for any photos and have the papers go with that theme!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I think I know exactly how I'm doing some fall photos of my son now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great look to this lo!! I love ribbon & should use it more often! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this page, nice way to showcase the pictures, doubling the size of a couple pictures adds a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dolores is one of the most talented page designers! I really enjoy her layouts! How do you come up with such amazing ideas?!:

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome lo & sketch! I love to put several pics on one page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great sketch! Love being able to showcase some of the beautiful patterned papers we all collect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sketch and layout Dolores! Thank you so very much for sharing. Your paper choices are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete