Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kids Valentines Day Idea

Its almost Valentines Day and that means your little one's will need to have a stash of valentines to hand out to their friends at school.  I have never sent Cole with a box of valentines from the store, he says he prefers the ones we make. 

This year I wanted to give something besides candy with their valentines, here is what I came up with.


These are so easy to whip up of you have a cricut!


Here is what you need to make your own. I found a heart shape I like in my library of cricut cartridges and cut it at 3 1/4 inch out of red cardstock. Then I typed the sentiment up on word and changed the font to something I like and the font color to red.  Then I cut them out and put little angled cuts on the ends to make them look like a banner.  You will need to get pencils and a large size hole punch.

Punch two holes for on opposite corner for the pencil to slide through.

 Push the pencil through the holes. My holes were smaller than the pencil so I had to be careful not to rip the heart but It worked! 

Lastly attached the sentiment banner to the front!  There is plenty of room on the back side to write the To & From info.

Very easy!  Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Cute! Trevor and I have loved making Valentines for his preschool classmates in the past, but this year his kindergarten is making theirs in class and we weren't allowed to bring in our own homemade ones. :( I hope first grade is different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cool and they look great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete