Friday, December 21, 2012

Stepping out of my scrapping comfort zone!!

Hi, it’s Gael here today and I really stepped out of my comfort zone when I created the following layout.  I had a lot of fun creating it and using lots of old embellishments.  I was inspired by the wonderful Finnabair who uses lots of different embellishments on her layouts and then sprays them so the colours blend and match.
I must say it was a bit daunting when I first started but I soon found I was really enjoying myself and just kept adding different bits & piece.  The real fun part is you don’t have to worry about what colours the embellishments are as I covered them all with Gesso before spraying them.
On this layout I added lots of lace & ribbon, die cuts, embossed card, metal frames and of course flowers.  Once all the embellishments were stuck down I covered everything with gesso, then sprayed various colours of pink and then some black.  I found the black was a little too dark for my liking, so I added some silver rub-on to lighten it.  Lastly I added the photo.
I’m not really happy with how I did the title, so I might change that!! 
If you’re like me you keep all the bits & pieces that are left over from other layouts because I always think they might come in handy one day. Then this style is the perfect way to use some of them. 
I really enjoyed stepping out of my comfort zone and trying something totally different.  I’m actually book to do a couple of classes with Finnabair (Anna Dabrowska) in March 2013 and I really looking forward to learning heaps more about how she creates her amazing layouts.
I think a good News Years resolution might be to step out of our scrapping comfort zone occasionally and try something totally different.  I know I learnt a lot and had a lot of fun with this layout so will definitely be trying different things in the New Year.



4 comments: