Monday, March 10, 2014

Sharing a Sketch

Cindy here!  The contributors at Ideas for Scrapbookers had such a great time working with Pam's sketch two weeks ago that we're at it again! This time, I designed the sketch.


I actually made the sketch by working backwards from this layout:


As you can see, I made a Then & Now layout featuring photos of my son next to our stuffed snowman in 2009 and again in 2013.  What a difference four years makes!

Check out the amazing creations the rest of the designers made from my sketch.  I was absolutely blown away by the beautiful pages each person sent me.  You're going to love them too.

First up is Cathy.  By coincidence, she also did a Then & Now page featuring her sons!  She followed the sketch closely, but by rotating it 90 degrees she was able to make it work beautifully with horizontal photos.  I love her use of pattern and color.


Next is Gael.  She followed the sketch almost exactly, so it is amazing how different her layout is from mine!  The page is so feminine and beautiful and suits her photos perfectly.


Here is Tanya's page. Tanya almost always scraps two-page layouts, so I was eager to see what she would do with this sketch. I love that she turned the two vertical photos on the sketch into one horizontal picture.  She also changed the 12x12 sketch into an 8.5x11 layout.  I love the happy colors and patterns she used, as well as how much journaling she fit in!


Next, here is Sharon's layout.  Like Tanya, Sharon used one photo instead of two like in the sketch, but she chose to split the photo to add visual interest. The whole layout is so powerful.  Each time I look at it, I see new things to love.


Finally, here is Lesley's two-page version of my sketch.


If you look closely, you'll notice that each half of the two-page layout follows the sketch!  Here's the left side.  It uses the sketch as is.


For the right side, Lesley rotated the sketch 90 degrees, but still used two vertical photos.  She used the same die-cut on each side (horizontal on the left and vertical on the right) to tie the two sides together.  I love that she created two different (yet totally cohesive) pages from the same sketch.


So there you have it... six artists' interpretations of the same sketch.  If you use the sketch, please let us know!  We'd love to feature your work.


 VISIT THE CONTRIBUTORS' BLOGS/GALLERIES

5 comments:

  1. I loved working with your sketch, Cindy! And I really like seeing everyone take on it. They are all so different and beautiful in their own way! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each and every layout looks wonderful.. It is good to see how everyone has used the same sketch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! :) Love seeing everyone's take on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing that everyone has a totally different style yet all worked that style to fit the sketch brief, love working with sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are amazing projects. Hard to believe they all got the same start from the same sketch. Love seeing each creative take on it.

    ReplyDelete